Thursday, August 18, 2011

Closing Remarks

Sitting at the airport in San Francisco and came across this handy dandy Blogger iPhone app. :D How's that for an introduction?
But seriously, technology integration in the classroom: how have my thoughts changed? I'm not sure that they have, but they've certainly been realized. I'd known that the use of technology in the classroom was crucial to provide the optimal engaging learning environment. Moreover, I'd felt it was doing a disservice to students to not adequately integrate something that is so deeply imbedded in all of our lives.

I feel the same way today, the only difference is that now I feel like I'm actually able to do so. The extent of online resources available to educators today is insurmountable, and it continues to grow exponentially each day. I have learned so much from this class and the knowledge I've gained has allowed me to replace my anxiety with enthusiasm for the days and weeks ahead. I have so many tools to use in all of my classes, and I eagerly look forward to doing so.

As I'd said before, I plan to develop and use my Wix webquest in my 7th grade History class, and I will most likely incorporate my Voicethread lesson plan with my 9th graders as a means for evaluation on The Merchant of Venice. But it's not just the tools that I'm already planning to use- it's the broad knowledge of such resources that makes me feel confident in my ability to incorporate technology into the classroom environment.

Well, we're boarding soon, but I can't stress enough how grateful I am to have had this course. As technologically savvy as I thought I was, I had no idea how much I needed to learn! Hats off to you Mr. Chamberlain- & congratulations on a job well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment